Join the team and family at J.S. West
Most people like to be a member of a family and a part of the team. Here at J.S. West, that is exactly what you’ll experience. With nearly 300 employees, that might seem impossible…but it’s true. One of the reasons is that J.S. West has 17 locations throughout the Central Valley, with each location having five to 50 employees.
The propane divisions are located in Placerville, Colfax, Angels Camp, Sonora, Modesto, Fresno, and Oakhurst. There are egg processing plants and chicken ranches in Hilmar, Livingston, and Farmington. In Modesto, you will find a retail feed store and the corporate office. Because of the wide scope of businesses, there is a diversity of positions. A few job titles are delivery driver, feed store clerk, sales associate, accounts payable, maintenance mechanic, manager, night janitor, quality control, and receptionist.
Cylinder Exchange Route Driver – Colfax, CA
Most people like to be a member of a family and a part of the team. Here at J.S. West that is exactly what you’ll experience. J.S. West & Companies is all about family. We’re family owned and operated and have been for more than a century. Our whole philosophy of business embraces the bonds, trust and loyalty found in the family unit and extends to our family of employees, customers and community.
J.S. West has an exciting and inviting opportunity for a Cylinder Exchange Route Driver based in our Colfax region that can thrive in a fast paced work environment. Reporting directly to the Manager, in this position you will be responsible for making safe and efficient deliveries to commercial customers. Our ideal candidate will have driving experience and posses a safety conscious attitude.
- A valid class C license with Hazardous Materials Endorsement
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fill LPG tanks safely at our location and delivery/exchange empty tanks at customers location
- Examine and re-qualify cylinders and tanks as needed
- Maintain and improve shop and plant as needed to maintain a safe and efficient workplace
- Perform mechanical repairs and tank repairs, re-valve, paint, and cleanup around service area
We expect our Cylinder Exchange Drivers to:
- Pass a pre-employment DOT physical, drug screen, physical therapy evaluation, and a background check
- Have good interpersonal skills and be willing to take direction from the manager
- Offer great customer service and be team focused
- Be enthusiastic about safety
J.S. West offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, ESOP, 401(k), Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 209-569-5063
Please include the job title number with your resume. If you are applying for a driving position or a DOT-regulated position, please attach a copy of your DMV printout.
For any questions, please call Human Resources at (209) 577-3221